In the Grooming Salon, the following information is stored on a dog grooming card:
Any details you have given to us about yourself, such as your name, phone numbers, and e-mail address’.
- Any details you have given to us about your dog, such as, his/her name, age, breed, colour, gender etc.
- Any details of what we have done to your dog as part of the grooming process – blades, combs used, where we have scissored, nails trimmed, date of the visits etc.
- Any traits/likes or dislikes of your dog, such as, sensitive feet etc.
- Your dog’s temperament within the salon – good, nervous, hard, tendency to bite etc.
- Any medical problems that either, you make us aware of, or that we find as part of the Grooming process, such as (lumps, bumps, warts, heart murmur etc.)
These details are kept in hard copy (filed alphabetically by dogs’ name) and online format. We regularly update your dog grooming card to ensure data is kept accurate and up to date.
Hard copies are locked away each night. Online format is protected by password.
You can also ask to view your card at any time. If you move away from the area, you are welcome to take your card with you to give it to your new groomer or you can destroy it.
Any non-returning customer cards will be destroyed within 2 years of non-attendance to our salon.
You might choose to provide your contact details if you do any of these things:
- Submit a query
We may use your personal information in the following way:
- to respond to enquiries made by yourself
- to send appointment reminders via email and text message
- to send vouchers and promotions
- to ask you for reviewing us
- for market research purpose
- for record keeping purpose
- to deal with enquiries and complaints
- to contact you in connection with your appointment, dog collection or drop off, cancellations or rescheduling
We use Krystal Hosting for our website, iZettle for in-store card payments and Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram as social media platforms. Our online system is run by SavvyPetSpa and Smartsheet.
The Hound Hut DOES NOT share any customer data or information with any third parties for marketing purpose.
COVID Working Practices
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, we have adopted specific working practices that we must make you aware of. Please take the time to READ THESE IN FULL. These are as follows:
- Dogs will only be collected and dropped off by The Hound Hut at the front of the property. No clients are to visit the grooming salon without prior consent.
- Upon collection and drop off please ensure that you maintain social distancing during this time.
- Payment can be made on the day via cash or card facilities, or, by BACS direct to my account at least 24 hours prior to the groom taking place. If this is under £45 contactless card payment can be made. Arrangements will be made to keep a safe distance during payment transactions.
- Between each groom all equipment will be throughly cleaned and sanitised using anti-bacterial products. This includes any crates and bedding, dog grooming tools and grooming salon.
Whilst we will work within best practices to ensure that the spread of COVID-19 is contained, we cannot accept any responsibility for the transmission of the virus through use of our services. By undertaking the grooming of your pet, the owner accepts the associated risks attached to this and The Hound Hut accept no liability in this situation.
Please note that if I, or anyone in my household, begins to show symptoms we reserve the right to cancel the groom immediately with no minimum notice required. Your groom will be rebooked a minimum of 14-days from this point to ensure proper isolation practices have taken place.
Grooming Consent Statement
I request that the grooming is completed in accordance with the instructions outlined above and understand that whilst every effort is made to produce the visual effect that I expect this may not be as I had mentally visualised.
I understand that if any aggressive behaviour is shown by my dog then restraints (e.g. muzzle), will be used in the grooming process. In extreme conditions, the grooming process will be stopped, and I accept the fee will still be payable.
If my dog fouls in the grooming salon I understand that a cleaning charge may be incurred. In addition, if any stock is damaged by my dog it will be seen as sold and must be paid in full before the next appointment.
I agree that if I cannot be contacted in an emergency and if I do not have a vet or my vet cannot be contacted, The Hound Hut will contact their own vets and unless it can be shown that The Hound Hut are liable, all costs in connection and in carrying out this instruction will be at my own expense.
In the highly unlikely event of an injury occurring, I agree that the Hound Hut will not be held liable for any injuries relating to pre-existing or historical injuries. Any past injuries must be disclosed at the time of grooming. The owner accepts this level of risk.
The Hound Hut has a zero tolerance policy on fleas. If my dog is found to have fleas, I agree to cover the costs incurred in removing fleas from the facilities and the costs of cancelling all remaining grooms until the salon can be fumigated in full. The groom will not take place and the dog may be placed in isolation.
If my pet’s coat is extremely matted, it may need to be shaved down. The Hound Hut will only shave your pet with my consent. A matted coat prevents air from reaching your pet’s skin and may cause your pet to bite or scratch itself, resulting in irritated skin that does not heal properly. Shaving uncovers these conditions, as well as any other skin problems that may have developed from lack of grooming. Please note that it is difficult to shave down a matted pet without slightly irritating the skin. There will be an extra charge for this service because of the time and additional blades needed.
I certify that I am the dog’s owner and have the authority to execute this consent. I accept responsibility for the fee quoted and agree to pay this on collection. I agree to pay a cancellation charge if I cancel my appointment and have not given a minimum of 24hrs notice. To book the next appointment I will have to pay in full.
I, the customer, will notify The Hound Hut a on my next visit, if any information changes regarding the condition or health of my dog, or my personal details.
EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO MAKE IT AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE FOR YOUR POOCH!